Monday, December 8, 2014

A Secret Garden Literary Analysis


A Secret Garden Literary Analysis
Due December 11, 2014


The College Boards recommends the following pieces of advice for writing:

Always have a strong thesis.
Always put quotations around the title of a poem or short story.
Always underline the title of a novel or book.
Always refer to the author by his/her full name or last name only.
Always avoid use of “be” verbs.
Always make the conclusion worth reading by including new insightful analysis, connection to another similar work of literature, and an interesting, yet relevant, ending (a quote if possible).


Additionally pay attention to the following Scholarly Reminders...

Avoid 2nd person (you, your).
Avoid 1st person (I, me, my, we, us, our).
Avoid statements that begin with “I think,” “I find,” “I believe,” “In my opinion,” etc.
Avoid exclamation points! Seriously!!
Avoid contractions (or at least use apostrophes correctly).
Avoid starting or ending any paragraph with quoted information; always begin and end with your own
thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment